Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sidewalk chalk paint and how I am going to keep my sanity this summer

My friend R and I decided to do a kid swap every week to break up the summer, save our sanity and to allow us to be able to run errands and get out of the house without the kids. So one day a week she will have the kids then the next week I will have the kids for the whole day, like 9am-5pm and we do arts and crafts and let the kids play and have fun. Last week she had the kids, I went to the commissary alone, the NEX (kinda like the base version of a tiny walmart) alone and cleaned house ALONE, it was nice! Today is my day with the kids and one of the activities I chose to do with them was sidewalk chalk painting. Somewhere online I saw a recipe for sidewalk chalk paint, its equal parts cornstarch and water and then you divide it into cups and mix with food coloring. Easy peasy and its pretty entertaining. The sidewalk here was already hot at 10:30am and so it made the paint dry quickly.
our "paint" all mixed up and ready to go
Elijah's masterpiece
a mama and Emmy collaboration
silly girl painting

No comments:

Post a Comment